Monday, August 07, 2006

...TIME WON'T TELL

...Inner rush, I'm in a rush
...I've just dropped the clock upon the floor

...no time to tell no more, no time at all
...I let it all go and the numbers they did falle

...the world its on pause and the days they are bemused
...and as for the weeks, months & years - yes they are soooo blimin' confused

...I didn't mean to do it - it was if it was planned
...that I cannot tell the minute from the bent and twisted hour hand

...what will I do now? And how would I know?
...if it was too early to leave here, or far too late now to go

...the days knife it has blunted, the portions they're so large
...and times horses they're circling they look set to charge

...I cannot decipher 'tween the now and the then
...I can't catch a train all the way up to Big Ben

...tomorrow will soon come and with it dawn-a-ready to race
...will I still be here, or stuck in that yesterday place?

...numbers they numbed me and digits they itched
...I put them all back on the clockface, but they just would not seem to fit

...the hands now they move naughte, the division lines they've blurred
...I really do not know whether I'm coming or going or have already been there but returned

...I knew where I was, when the hands swept pass that face
...I knew where I was meant to be at any one time in space

...now its just silent and things seem so verrye long
...but I kinda've got to like it this way, it really does not seeme that wrong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home