Monday, August 07, 2006

...HELPING YOU IGNORE ME

...I wrote this line in italics
...just so that you would look
...I kept every worde you ever said
...and wrote it in a booke

...I saved up my money so long, and so hard
...ready to spend it all upon you
...I bathed, then shaved and then wore my nice suit
...but you spent your time laughing at the monkeys in the zoo

...I sent you a romantic love-present
...you received it on the totally wrong day
...I was doing my very best dancing
...when you were looking the other way


...I wish you could love me for who I appear to be
...I wish I could somehow, sometimes, be someone who just is not me
...I know that you too know this, and wish for it so badly too
...I know that I realised this far too late
...As I feed the monkeys back at the zoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home