Friday, September 08, 2006

...Lifedome 731

...A capsule, a dream, a journey for all of mankind
...some tears for farewells, so tears for goodbyes
...some smiles for they were seen not again

...A quest for discovery to gather and seek
...a script for mans own way of talking
...a crew with an aim that they knew so well
...but one of the numbers were differing

...they travelled so far a world away from this world
...to touch a land that was untouched
...a new human footprint, a story retold
...over my shoulder was history

...many days did they pass and analysis analysed
...the screens at mission control saw much gazing
...this soul from the same planet so tired of our ways
...set foot down on that blue planet for good

...this last days mission was a deadline to meet
...planetary duste moved away from his feet
...the samples and gathering were duly done and returned
...but he strode on into the distance forever

...they sent out their searches and used the time as best they could
...but to stay was to die and to leave was to kill
...torn between to save and to leave the mission control
...called for them to return

...this solitary body, a soul of stars
...now truly alone with, a myriad of heartes
...he has his own place now, be it briefly in time
...to sit on your own planet seems to sounde so damn fine

...he watched them leave and fly away to nil
...juste another silver twinkling in the relection of his eye
...the silence enveloped him and lighte bounced arounde
...even when he screamed joy, there simple was no sounde

...this cinematic horizon so azzure and relentless
...this worlde falles away and the sky now endless
...what price this moment? a meaningless question
...to sit with the galaxy at your verrye feet

...I may not be here for too long the briefest of kisses
...the heavens so darquened yet soft duste underfoot it glistens
...I contemplate what had left me and what with me doth remains
...whatever song I sing here, it will always remain the same

...I am the only life here, but soon too this will wane
...I too shalle be leaving this worlde, this is the reason I still came
...to leave my breath will be heavenly way up here in your nighte sky
...after many years of simply existing down there
...up here I can honestly say
...I am looking forward to die

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home